In 2014, I began experimenting with the ancient art of storytelling and have not looked back since. I am also trained as a scientist and sometimes add a bit of science into the mix, making the performance slightly more like a talk. Please check the links below for details of what I can offer and past events. These links will be updated as my repertoire increases.
Since the winter of 2020, I am also offering online events with storytelling, images and music in collaboration with the wonderful and generous musician and sound artist Fallen Butnotdown, you can listen to his work on all music streaming platforms, in particular on Spotify, Apple Music, Soundcloud.
On the storytelling front (but expect some thoughts):
- Stories of the Sun, Moon, stars & planets. See also the Tales of a Starry Night podcast.
- Myths & legends of northern landscapes.
- Stories of the more-than-human world, in particular stories of Trees.
- Stories ‘just for fun‘, where entertainment is the order.
On the talk front (but expect stories):
- Insights on the ‘Big Questions‘: time, order & chaos, infinity & beyond.
- Technologies for the future & Collapse through the lens of the Work That Reconnects.
If you are interested in a collaboration; or to book a performance or a talk, please contact me.
Sometimes the stories I resonate with come from a culture that is not mine or landscapes I have never visited. I always tell stories with the utmost respect and follow the cultural rules I am aware of – for example, at what time of the year it is appropriate to tell a particular story.