In 2014, I began experimenting with the ancient art of storytelling and have not looked back since. I am also trained as a scientist and sometimes add a bit of science into the mix, making the performance slightly more like a talk. Please check the links below for details of what I can offer and past events. These links will be updated as my repertoire increases.
On the storytelling front (but expect some thoughts):
- Stories of the Sun, Moon, stars & planets. See also the Tales of a Starry Night podcast.
- Myths & legends of northern landscapes.
- Stories of the more-than-human world, in particular stories of Trees.
- Stories ‘just for fun‘, where entertainment is the order.
On the talk front (but expect stories):
- Insights on the ‘Big Questions‘: time, order & chaos, infinity & beyond.
- Technologies for the future & Collapse through the lens of the Work That Reconnects.
Sometimes the stories I resonate with come from a culture that is not mine or landscapes I have never visited. I always tell stories with the utmost respect and follow the cultural rules I am aware of – for example, at what time of the year it is appropriate to tell a particular story.
All website content copyright Tales & Shapes 2017-2020