I always looked up to the night sky and I am blessed to be living in the Pembrokeshire National Park, away from city lights. This section is what motivated my interests in mythologies and storytelling as I wondered: what did other cultures see in the sky? The answers, I am discovering, are diverse and fascinating.
I can offer tellings of star stories from around the world, also involving the Moon, the Sun and planets. The stories can be accompanied by a slide show of astronomical images and interspersed with a touch of astronomy. They would beautifully complement star gazing activities.
Prompted by the lock-downs, some of these stories are now part of the Tales of a Starry Night podcast.
- Stories of the Summer Sky. Stories & science behind the summer constellations, online, June 2021.
- Ancient Stories under the Stars. An archaeological and mythical exploration of the Preseli Hills organised by the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, April 2021.
“That was wonderful. Loved the story telling.” “Thank you both – a fantastic event. brilliant story telling.”
- Along the Milky Way. Starlore and a touch of science celebrating the beauty of our galaxy, online, March 2021.
- Moonlight stories/ Histoires au Clair de Lune. A celebration of the Moon in English & in French, online, February 2021.
- Stories of the winter sky. Stories & science behind the winter constellations, online, January 2021.
- London Moon Festival, Greenwich Maritime Museum, July 2019. See here for an idea of how I sometimes mix genres and what the evening inspired me to write.
- Wonders of the Night Sky, York Festival of Ideas, June 2019.
“We both THOROUGHLY enjoyed each talk by Alice Courvoisier, her story telling was wonderful and especially The Wonders of the Night Sky, she held us all in awe, (she can tell me stories any time) we were entranced!!!!” 2019 York Festival of Ideas Attendees.